Girlfriend Getaways and Social Group Vacations Can Increase Longevity and Health
March 25, 2019
Media Contact: Darlene Fiske [email protected], 512-331-7755
Girlfriend Getaways and Social Group Vacations Can Increase Longevity and Health According to Science
Lake Austin Spa Resort’s Customized Itineraries Take the Pressure off of Planning and the Focus on Fun
AUSTIN, TX – Women today are so focused on family, work and other life responsibilities that they long for blissful escapes from the daily grind. At Lake Austin Spa Resort in Austin, Texas, indulgent, healthy meals alongside an array of active (and not so active) spirited pursuits in an idyllic setting on the shores of Lake Austin await girlfriends, mothers and daughters, group reunions and even multigenerational gatherings. Whether celebrating a meaningful occasion or simply gathering to create lifelong memories, a curated and personalized schedule can be created by a dedicated spa coordinator so that the only requirement is to be present and savor each shared moment together.
Balance a stay with a mix of private activities and scheduled offerings. Activities include:
- Honing culinary and cooking skills with delectable classes ranging from “cocktail gardening” utilizing fresh herbs and spirits to create delicious cocktails to “fresh and healthy Mexican” cuisine that will burst with optimal flavor and flair.
- Paddleboarding on the serene lake either on an individual or a giant inflatable group board that holds up to six guests.
- Kayak Scavenger Hunts allow for adventures on the water and to experience the powerful benefits of the Blue Mind.
- Aqua Boot Camp for energetic play and fitness or Mindful Meditation for soulful restoration and repose.
- Wine Cruise with a “Texas sized pour” and nibbles or the Luxe Water Taxi service to popular lakeside restaurants for an afternoon or night out on the water.
- Spa treatments augmented with “we” time on the treatment porch or the outdoor Bamboo Room Treatment Suite with a seating area, outdoor shower and in-ground hot tub.
Opening this spring after an extensive renovation is the Ladybird Suite, spacious and comfortable with a lounging area suited for intimate socializing amongst a group of friends or family members. A private use hot tub is also part of the suite and the number of guests can be increased by booking an adjoining room.
Harvard Medical School states: Social connections like these not only give us pleasure, they also influence our long-term health in ways every bit as powerful as adequate sleep, a good diet, and not smoking. Dozens of studies have shown that people who have satisfying relationships with family, friends, and their community are happier, have fewer health problems, and live longer.
ABOUT LAKE AUSTIN SPA RESORT
Nestled along the shores of scenic Lake Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, Lake Austin Spa Resort offers guests the sanctuary of a world-class spa and the warmth of a best friend’s lake house. Lake Austin Spa Resort offers all-inclusive vacation packages, which include accommodations in one of 40 charming lakeside guest rooms, three gourmet meals daily, indoor and outdoor fitness activities and classes, and a selection of spa and body treatments.
The resort has consistently been recognized for its excellence and as a result has received numerous industry awards. Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, Town & Country Magazine and Southern Living have honored Lake Austin Spa Resort as one of the best in the country and in the world.
For additional information and reservations, call 800-847-5637, or visit www.lakeaustin.com