Avocado Salad and Lump Crab with Guest Chef Tiffany Derry
October 13, 2022
Avocado Salad and Lump Crab
Makes 4 Servings
Texas native Tiffany Derry is the founder of Tiffany Derry Concepts and co-founder of T2D Concepts, the Texas-based purpose-driven hospitality group behind Roots Chicken Shak, Roots Southern Table and “Shef Tiffany” spice and apparel line. Denied from her first cooking job at the age of 15 because of her race and gender, Tiffany has risen her way through the culinary ranks to run her own restaurant and cook for President Obama.
- 2 avocados, cut in half
- 1 stalk broccolini, blanched
- ½ cucumber, thinly shaved and rolled
- 4 2-inch King Crab legs
- 4 Tablespoons lump crab
- 1 Tablespoon Herb Mix (dill, parsley, tarragon, basil), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon Juice, fresh
- 4 pcs sugar snap peas, blanched
- 2 radishes, shaved
- Pickled mushrooms
- Pickled sweet peppers
- Micro Amaranth, garnish
- 3 Tablespoons jerk ranch
- Salt & Pepper TT
1. Brush each half of the avocado with a mix of lemon juice and olive oil, both inside and outside.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of jerk ranch in the center of the avocado, top ranch with 1 tablespoon of lump crab.
4. Layer the following items on top of the avocado, making sure not to let items fall over the side of the avocado: 2 heads broccolini, 2 rolls cucumber, 3 pc pickled peppers, 2 pc pickled mushrooms, 2 pc crab legs, 2 pc shaved radishes and a few Amaranth micros.
Functional Food Benefit:
- King Crab is rich in high-quality protein and omega-3 fatty acids. It’s good for your heart, muscles, joints, eyes, and even your brain!