My Grandma’s To-Go Soup from Executive Chef Stéphane Beaucamp
October 3, 2019
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 small leeks, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound peeled carrots, diced
- 10 1/2 ounces potato, peeled and diced kosher salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large rind of Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups water
- 3 1/2 ounces spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
In a large Le Creuset oven dish, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the ground coriander and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, without browning.
Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the carrots and potato. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the water, bay leaf and Parmesan rind. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the frozen peas and spinach leaves and fresh chopped parsley; leave to rest for 1 minute. Puree the soup in a few batches. Season with salt and pepper and serve with crème fraiche if you like, chopped parsley, shaved Parmesan and croutons.
Want to learn more about our focus on conscientious cuisine? Click here.